These are a few of the stories that got us talking this week:
1. Antonin Scalia sounded like a complete ass on Monday as the Supreme Court heard arguments on a federal gun ban that bars those convicted of domestic violence from owning guns.
2. What should Obama do about sex ed?
3. A Texas pastor attempts to 'take back sex for married couples' by challenging the legally wed members of his congregation "...to have sex for seven straight days." I think this means he want them to have sex once a day, not keep it going 24/7 - still, its going to be an awkward week for a lot of the church's kids with parents who decide to give it a shot. "I heard zoo noises." Me, I'm all for it - if these people have their own business to manage, maybe they'll be less inclined to meddle in other people's affairs.
4. The American Humanist Association will be putting out bunches of pro-atheist ads this holiday season. What do you think- is this a good idea, or akin to throwing rocks at a hornet's nest?
5. Debate about fake dongs leads to a big question: Who decides whose sexuality should be treated as a medical issue?
6. This irked me: "The nation's Roman Catholic bishops vowed Tuesday to forcefully confront the Obama administration over its support for abortion rights, saying the church and religious freedom could be under attack in the new presidential administration." No outcry about the Bush administration's policies on torture and rendition or the wars, but the admission that keeping abortion a safe and legal choice might reduce the number of abortions and does save lives - that's a threat to religious freedom. I don't get it.
7. High school students are staying silent on sexual assaults.
8. The SFGate looks at Prop H8 and the pre-election polls that made many of us think it would fail.
9. Yahoo! has a new 'for the ladies' site - and it's mainly about fashion, attracting the men-folk, and the color pink. Sigh.
10. What's the Global Gender Gap Report really saying?
11. New Hampshire's state senate is the first to have a female majority.
12. An amazing woman has passed away.
13. What will Michelle Obama do for working women when she arrives at the White House?
14. A baby girl has been born to the recipient of the world's first ovary transplant.
15. Ever wonder how birds know what notes to sing? We have...
Thought? Stories we might have missed?