Thursday, September 6, 2007

So many candidates...

...so little time. The primaries will be early for 2008, Iowa's is scheduled for January 14th as of right now - so who should we support? Planned Parenthood is tracking nominee's public comments about women's reproductive rights, but so far I remain undecided. Anyone have a good case for one candidate over another? I'm a little starved for informed political debate right now - I currently travel in circles where comments like "Hillary looks like a 1950's housewife" and "Obama is cute, so people will vote for him" pass as informed political commentary - and I'm spending most of my time with scientists and doctors.

There's no place like home, there's no place like home...

Crap. I'm still in Georgia.

4 comments:

Martita said...

Honey, get yourself on over to a crazy-ass Emory or Agnes Scott coffee shop and sit your bootie down and start atalkin to some humanities people... And darlin, dontcha know, as we say in Alabama, it could be worse... you could be in Mississippi :P

Mächtige Maus said...

Well, I'll have you know that a coworker, my boss actually, informed today that Oprah has officially endorsed Obama so near as I can tell that means all has been decided. She is quite powerful you know.

Agincourt said...

Now, if you really want to feel good about where you are, how about you come visit us. Here, we are all about Fred, even if we don't know what the hell he truly represents. 'Cause he's on Law and Order you know, so he must know what he's talking about *and* be a fine upstanding citizen! And that deep gravelly voice *swoon*.

Anonymous said...

We need a candidate who can appeal to the legions of closeted white male republicans, a candidate cute enough to make these guys switch teams. I'm thinking an Obama/Edwards ticket.

EmoryDoc