Thursday, March 13, 2008

Again with Kansas?

I am having such a hard time wrapping my head around this one that I must enlist some help. Is this a true story? "Woman Sat on Toilet for 2 Years" I'm baffled enough with that one as it is, although I certainly understand the overwhelming power of phobia. However, I am having even more trouble with why there is even any consideration as to whether charges will be filed. I should think, even if the boyfriend brought her food and whatnot, that it would still be criminal negligence. Honestly, what person in their right mind would have allowed this to go for two years. I suppose the easy answer is another person not in their right mind.

2 comments:

habladora said...

Maus! Welcome back!
Really, though, as a crime scene investigator you must see stuff weirder than this before breakfast everyday. The NYT did a piece on shut-ins awhile back - that is the first place I remember hearing about it as a rather common psychological disorder.

Smirking Cat said...

She sat on a toilet for 2 years, until her skin grew into the toilet seat...and they're not sure if she's mentally handicapped? I'll make the diagnosis and send them a bill. YES, there is a mental issue here, for god's sake. The story is extremely sad. What did she think about all that time?