Economic crisis or no, most of us will still be doing some gift-giving this December. That's right, your mom needs presents, so you've got shopping to do. If you're still looking for good feminist gifts for Mom - or anyone else - here are some of our best ideas:
1. Women in Science points us to several good present ideas for the nrrrd grrrls on the list. My favorite is a "this is what a scientist looks like" women's tee-shirt from YellowIbis. It's customizable too - just in case you want to add "something detailed about you or your research field." Love it. Also, as Loup pointed out last summer, Molecular Muse has some great science themed jewelry - and who doesn't want a pair of estrogen molecule earrings? I know I do.
2. FeministGal of Oh, You're a Feminist?!? not only designs and makes beautiful jewelry, she also uses the proceeds to support her local women's shelter.
3. Someone you know wants a tee with Frida Kahlo or bell hooks on it? Yeah, you know me, don't you? You can get all your feminist shirts and pins at KMStitchery.
4. Another Loup favorite, South End Press has tons of books on feminist topics.
5. Subscriptions! BUST, Shameless, make/shift...
6. Give a chicken. Or a sheep... in the name of someone you love through Heifer International, which promotes gender equality throughout the world by helping women become part of the sustainable development of their communities, enabling them to own livestock and teaching them how to manage their livestock and businesses.
Of course, we're still shopping too - so let us know if you've got any good ideas!