...but what is the Discovery Channel Store's excuse? Here's what they advertise as appropriate science gifts for boys:I looked it up. It's all true - go see for yourself. Discovery Channel, you got some 'splain to do!
- Cube Word Series 2 Set ("Create your very own interactive world")
- Discovery ATM Machine ("This at-home ATM is an excellent way to learn about saving money.")
- Discovery Radio Controlled Arthropods
- Virtual Distance Football
- Discovery Star Theater
And here's what the girls get:Yeesh...
- Rainbow In My Room
- Discovery Sew Fun Sewing Machine
- Discovery Pink Slide and Text Messengers ("Chat with your friends wirelessly and transmit text messages up to 15' away.")
- Discovery Diamond Dust Microscope
- Discovery Fashion Design Studio
But, it is nice to realize that, despite corporate efforts to keep girls away from science, our young women are taking home the prizes at the Siemens Competition in Math, Science and Technology this year (Via Feministing).