Perhaps you might remember (like it was yesterday) when we mentioned the stupid initiatives in Georgia and California that seek to define eggs as people. Well, Mike Huckabee, presidential candidate and serious contender in the race for US King of Crazy, has:
"...endorsed a proposed Colorado Human Life Amendment that would define personhood as a fertilized egg... [The] initiative, if approved by voters in November, would extend state constitutional protections to every fertilized egg, guaranteeing the right to life, liberty, equality of justice and due process of law." (emphasis mine)While we have previously speculated that the passage of Eggs People Amendments would make a new hit-series entitled Miscarriage Scene Investigators an eventual inevitability, Pam Spaulding of Pandagon mentions some additional complications that might arise if Colorado's Human Life Amendment is passed:
* For instance, will a post-coitus woman be able to drive in a HOV lane because she may be carrying a fertilized egg?...
* Can an impregnated woman be punished for poor eating habits, or consuming alcohol or artificial sweeteners?
* Is the boyfriend/husband an accomplice to a crime if he drives her to the abortion clinic?
* Can a woman claim her fetus as a tax deduction?
* For couples who fertilize multiple eggs for in vitro, are they guilty of murder if the unused eggs are discarded?...
We know Pastor Hutch and friends want to have control over every womb, but if we take this thinking to its logical conclusion, the state would need to know when a man spilled his seed in a situation where creating a fetus citizen is a possibility.
And remember, any cell can now be made into a fetus - so who is protecting the rights of all the flakes of dandruff currently yearning for their chance at personhood?