Friday, June 20, 2008

Obama's Veep Choice...

Everyone has been speculating about who Sen. Obama will pick for a running mate. Generally, conversations in the press and on the blogoshpere have centered around who the most politic choice might be. Yet, the choice of a VP candidate should reflect more than just who's ahead in a popularity contest. I believe that we need someone who truly understands the importance of the office, with years of experience demanding action on our most important issues. That's why I support... Sam Bee for V.P.! Also, she clearly has the marketing savvy that will help her appeal to those tricky swing-voters, white males:



Samantha Bee will also appeal to our growing Canadian demographic. But, just in case the nation isn't ready for our first Canadian Veep, man - how backwards are we?- I would also like to recommend Kristen Schaal:



(Oh, was there someone here who was expecting a serious conversation? Fine, fuddy-duddies, then I'll admit I'm sorta liking the idea of Bill Richardson as a VP candidate right now- what do other people think?)

5 comments:

NewsCat said...

Richardson is apparently gropy-McGropersons. I've been hearing about his "zipper" problem for a while, never knew how much to trust. People more connected than I say he's well-know for groping staffers. Think Bob Packwood.

I do NOT want Richardson on the ticket even before hearing about all that.

Habladora said...

Gropy McGroperson, huh? No... that's not who I want. I better stand by my Sam Bee nomination...

Casmall said...

I don't know yall- I thinkn' bout fightn' Dem Jim Webb!

Mächtige Maus said...

LaPH...I'm so glad you posted the Kristen Schaal video from The Daily Show. I'd seen it, but had forgotten to track it down for a post. You always do have my back! :)

As for the ticket, I would be quite fond of former Virginia governor Mark Warner.

Habladora said...

I also like Mark Warner - and he's very popular in the fairly conservative state that elected him. Other than some appeal to moderates though, which I think Obama already has, I'm not sure he would add much to the ticket.